● PU1630 is one component high-quality polyurethane adhesive used in variety bonding and sealing, mutli-purpose usage, lower odors, It can be bonded very well with the surface of various material such as all kinds of metal, lumber, glass, polyurethane, epoxy, resin, and coating material, etc. It is easy to apply with a manual or automatic gun and cures with atmospheric moisture.
● It is suitable for sealing all types of glass windows in the automotive industry,
Suitable for adhesion between windshield/side glass and frame of cars, buses, and special vehicles
● Medium Viscosity
● Excellent thixotropy, non-sag properties
● Fast adhesion to substrates
● Paintable and polishable
● Excellent wear-resisting property
● Excellent water, weather and aging resistance
● No oil permeated
● High bond strength designed for windshield bonding and stationary glass attachment
∎Areas of Application
● Specially used for the windshield and side glass of bus, car, ship, engineering machinery vehicle, carriage and special vehicle
● Also use for bonding glass steel and plastic accessories (car roof, side body and car front)
● Very popular in the repair market
●Suitable for adhesion between windshield/side glass and frame of cars, buses, and special vehicles,to bond and seal vehicle windshields, backlights and sidelights.
∎Technical Data Table
Chemical base 1-C polyurethane
Colour (Appearance) Black
Cure mechanism Moisture curing
Density (g/cm³) (GB/T 13477.2) 1.3g/cm³ approx.
Non-sag properties(GB/T 13477.6) Very good
Application temperature 5°C to 35ºC
Tack-free time1 (GB/T 13477.5) 10~30mins
Curing speed (HG/T 4363) see diagram
Shore A hardness (GB/T 531.1) 50 approx.
Tensile strength (GB/T 528) 5 N/mm2 approx.
Elongation at break (GB/T 528 ) ≥430%
Tear propagation resistance (GB/T 529) ≥8.0N/mm
Extrudadbility (ml/min) >60
Tensile-shear strength(MPa)GB/T 7124 3.0 N/mm2 approx.
Volatile content ＜4%
Service temperature -40°C to 90ºC
Shelf life (storage below 25°C) (CQP 016-1) 9 months
∎Direction for use
Tool: Manual or pneumatic plunger caulking gun
●Cleaning: Clean and dry all surfaces by removing foreign matter and contaminants such as oil dust, grease, frost, water, dirt, old sealants and any protective coating.
1.Cut nozzle to give the required angle and bead size
2.Pierce the membrane at the top of the cartridge and screw on the nozzle
3.Place the cartridge in an applicator gun and squeeze the trigger with equal strength
1.Clip the end of the sausage and place in barrel gun
2.Screw end cap and nozzle on to barrel gun
3.Using the trigger extrude the sealant with equal strength
●Apply Maxtech PU Sealant
For Automotive Car Windscreen/Windshield in a continuous bead using constant pressure to apply the sealant
1.Obtain a new windshield.
2.Remove the plastic surround side and top moldings correctly.
3.Cut the urethane from the outside between the glass and the pinch weld.
4.Apply a windshield primer to the frit band.
5.Apply the urethane with an electric caulking gun.
6.Lift the windshield into place.
7.Push the window down around the frame to guarantee a tight bond.
8.Allow the urethane to dry.
∎Attention of operation
Wear suitable protective clothing, gloves, and eye/face protection. After contact with skin, wash immediately with plenty of water and soap. In case of an accident or if you feel unwell, seek medical advice immediately.